Saturday, April 12, 2014


The Drake HouseThe Drake House by Kelly Moran

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Normally in a Mystery book I sabotage myself by figuring out the who, what, and when. The Drake House was completely different! I loved the mystery and the romance that was just as dangerous as what was going on with the Drake House. Kelly's book was very well written and full of great characters who were genuine and complex at the same time. I cried when friends were murdered and I laughed at the complexity of life.

Short overview without spoilers. Trisha Eaton had had strange nightmares and they're going to get worse! The Drake House that resides next to the Apple orchard she owns is a constant draw for her. The House that sits empty is the town's big mystery and taboo subject. Nick Mackey left bi town law enforcement for a smaller setting to get over a traumatic event that plagues him. Both Trisha and Nick are haunted by pasts that come to a climax that has someone murdering people to keep the secret buried. Trisha and Nick have a very rock relationship and it's believable. With secrets in every nook and cranny, you get surprised often.

I read the book in one day because it was so good I couldn't put it down! If you're a mystery/romance person, this book is for you! You won't be disappointed!

The book was very well written and the plot was amazingly wrought with twists and turns that make you scratch your head. Just when you think you've got everything figured out, it takes a new direction! Loved it!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment