Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Review of Rys Rising by Tracy Falbe

I was given a copy of Rys Rising by Tracy Falbe and asked to write a review on my blog.

I have to say at first I was concerned since the Fantasy genre is not what I have been reading lately. I was not disappointed!

Tracy has created an amazing fantasy world full of complex and interesting characters. The Book has multiple heroes, in my opinion, who encounter their individual challenges and rises in power. There are magical creatures who are struggling to be accepted and respected among others who hold their existences in higher esteem. Humans are recruited to fight in the struggle among races. Everyone has their role to play in the brilliant world!

I was hooked on this wonderfully written book that has magnificent plots and twists of interlocking story lines. You can vividly imagine the various realms introduced throughout the book! Tracy has flawlessly submerged the reader into a fantasy saga that will keep you enthralled with the action of each character’s role in the overall story.

I’m normally disappointed with really short books that introduce you, seduce you, and then leave you hanging. This book does not do that to the reader at all. Over a 1,000 plus pages, on my iPad, gives the reader a book that is exciting and thought provokingly satisfying. I stayed up late and read the book as often as I could, because I had to know what would happen next!

I enjoyed Rys Rising so much that I purchased the others in the series. I have to quell my ever growing curiosity of this enchanted fantasy world!


Here is the information again about the Book and the author:



BannerFans.com
 

 

A remarkable trip into a stunning  new world with Rys Rising, an epic fantasy series brought to you by Tracy Falbe

Rys Rising: Book I by Tracy Falbe

Blurb

Onja can control what others see. The day will come when everyone sees things her way.

She and all rys are the reviled creations of the tabre of Nufal. Onja longs to expel her hated masters and sees her best hope for an ally in Dacian. He’s a prodigy among rys but is loyal to the ruling tabre order and dreams of winning equality for the rys nonviolently. He holds tenaciously to his ideals even as the tabre brutally subjugate him. Will he endure more dark abuses for the sake of peace or reach out to Onja?

This unique epic of complex heroes and villains engulfs readers from many angles. Packed with primitive energy, the intertwining stories of this fantasy world will indulge your cravings for intrigue, bravery, desire, and freedom.



Links

 

Rys Rising: Book I is available worldwide at these retailers:

Brave Luck Books

 

Amazon Kindle

RY’S RISING BOOK 1-FREE ON AMAZON RIGHT NOW

Amazon Paperback

 

Barnes & Noble

 

I-Tunes

 

Kobo

 

Sony

 

Smashwords

 

Experience Her LadyShips Quest Here

 

Find Tracy on Twitter

 

Connect with Tracy on Facebook



About Tracy Falbe

I was born in Michigan in 1972 and grew up in Mount Pleasant. It's called the "Mountain Town" but there is no mountain and it's debatable about whether it's pleasant. They say it's a party town and based on extensive research as a young adult I can concur.
Because I always had the childhood fantasy of running away and joining the circus, I moved to Las Vegas, Nevada in 1995 and lived there until 1997. Those who only stay a week are wimps, but I will say that it's the second year in Vegas that wears you down. Then I realized the pioneers were trying to get to California, so I moved to Chico, in Northern California and lived there until 2009.
In 2000, I earned a journalism degree from California State University, Chico with the conscious ambition of becoming a fiction writer. With the rapid demise of the newspaper industry and journalism in general, novelist is not such a daft pursuit after all. It's not like I'm actually going to get a job that values my education. Luckily I'm cursed with the impulse to write in a popular yet competitive genre.
My wandering has circled back and I'm currently residing in Battle Creek, Michigan, and for now my existence within the post-apocalyptic Rust Belt is suitably fascinating.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Gosh! Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm so glad you enjoyed Rys Rising. I saw your comments at Amazon and Barnes & Noble and greatly appreciate that you added them there for others to find. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete