Monday, July 25, 2011

To Yell or Not to Yell

It seems lately that I have been raising my voice at my 10 year old a lot lately. He's been in a phase that is giving me grey hair and stress acne, no lie!

He will say he can't find something. I will tell him where it is, he will go and look and then come back to me in a tizzy and say, "I can't find it!" I'll stop what I'm doing and go look where I told him the item was and find it, right where I told him it was. I take it to him and he stomps off and catches attitude. I then get infuriated!!!

I hate to yell at my children or hubby and I don't do it until I blow my top. I try and cool down before I speak, but the blatant disregard to instructions and the disrespect goes against my military background.

Some people would say I'm a little high strung, okay I can take the criticism. I try and adapt, look at the glass as half-full, try to treat others as I would want to be treated, but darn it I hate to be ignored!

I ask nicely twice, then ask nicely with a raised tone, then by the fourth go, I'm usually yelling.

I just don't get it. Is it a man and man-in-training thing?

If I could get my kids and hubby to listen to me, I'd never lose my voice again!

Oh well, maybe my "i' key will actually become uppercase when I hit it the first time and not have to keep jabbing my buttons too! One can only hope!

Thanks for listening or in men's cases not listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment